Early Childhood Education (AEC – JEE.0K)
Start date: Fall 2018
End date: To be determined
This training program is open to all candidates who meet the admission requirements below.
This training will provide graduates with the opportunity to become qualified educators in daycare centres. A graduate may also work in other types of childcare services, such as in home childcare settings, school daycare, nursery schools and drop-in childcare centres.
According to Emploi-Quebec, an early childhood educator is one of the most in-demand professions in Quebec, and carries a ‘favorable’ rating (their highest rating) for prospective employment between 2013-2017 throughout Quebec.
The Early Childhood Education AEC (JEE.0K) is made of 20 courses, for a total of 1305 hours.
- 322-703-RL Introduction to the Early Childhood Profession – 45 Hours
- 322-714-RL Observing Children – 45 Hours
- 350-704-RL Child Development (0 to 5 years) – 60 Hours
- 350-714-RL Child Development (5 to 12 years) – 60 Hours
- 350-713-RL Safety in Child Care – 45 Hours
- 322-773-RL Meaningful Relationships with Children – 45 Hours
- 322-793-RL Child Health – 45 Hours
- 322-803-RL Healthy Nutrition – 45 Hours
- 322-724-RL Professional Communication Skills – 60 Hours
- 322-813-RL Children with Special Needs – 45 Hours
- 322-823-RL Autonomy in Children – 45 Hours
- 322-734-RL Educational Interventions for Infants and Toddler (0 to 2 years) – 60 Hours
- 322-744-RL Educational Interventions for Young Children (2 to 5 years) – 60 Hours
- 322-744-RL Educational Interventions for School-Aged Children (5 to 12 years) – 60 Hours
- 322-833-RL Professional Partnerships – 45 Hours
- 322-824-RL Guidance Interventions – 45 Hours
- 322-843-RL Pedagogical Approaches – 45 Hours
- 322-709-RL Fieldwork 1: Initiation – 135 Hours
- 322-70F-RL Fieldwork 2: Integration – 240 Hours
- 322-783-RL Creativity in the Workplace – 45 Hours
Program Cost (Subject to change)
- To be determined