Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching (2014) (AEC – LEA.21)
Start date: October 25th, 2017
End date: July 7th, 2018
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday evenings 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. and every second Saturday
This training program is open to all candidates who meet the admission requirements below.
The goal of this two-semester program is to prepare students to perform basic installation, configuration, operation and troubleshooting of medium-size routed and switched networks on CISCO networking equipment.
Additionally, by providing students with the appropriate training, the program also aims at preparing graduates to successfully complete the industry-recognized CISCO CCNA certification. Students will obtain sought-after skills in networking which are critical for those seeking advancement in careers in the IT sector.
Among the positions described by CISCO that a CCNA may fill are: help desk specialist, field technician, level 1 systems specialist and level 1 systems integrator. Although this AEC is primarily intended to extend existing skills, the employment prospects for individuals in this area are very good.
Candidates must have a Quebec Diploma of Secondary Studies or a High School Leaving Certificate or have received instruction deemed sufficient by the College. In addition, students must have previous related work experience or post-secondary studies in the Computer Science field. Prospective candidates will be asked to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) and may be interviewed prior to admission to the program to verify their qualifications.
You are eligible to register in a program if you are a:
- Canadian Citizen or
- Permanent Resident or
- Holder of a valid Student Visa
And you can provide proof of previous studies deemed acceptable by the College, for example:
- A Quebec Secondary V Diploma or a Diploma of Secondary Studies or equivalent scholarity or
- A College Diploma or a University Degree or
- An « Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec » or
- Partial high school studies, coupled with a recommendation from a current or former employer that you would benefit from pursuing your education at the post-secondary level.
And you meet one of the following three conditions:
- You have not been a full-time student for at least two consecutive terms or one school year within the last 12 months.
- You are part of an agreement between the College and an employer, or you are sponsored within the terms of a government program (for example: CSST, Emploi-Québec).
- You have completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread over a period of one year or more.
To register, students must first attend an information session.
Students are required to bring certain documents to information sessions.
Students must bring the following documents:
- Québec Diploma of Secondary Studies or a High School Leaving Certificate or equivalent and College/University transcripts or « évaluation comparative » that you may have.
- Curriculum Vitae
And one of the following documents:
- Official Québec Birth Certificate
- Official Canadian Birth Certificate and valid Québec Medicare Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card and valid Québec Medicare Card
- Permanent Resident Card and valid Certificate of Selection of Québec (CSQ) if you have one, or valid Québec Medicare card
- Valid Student Visa
The CCNA- Routing and Switching (2014) Program consists of six (6) credit courses, for a total of 360 hours.
- 420-904-LE Introduction to Networks I – 45 Hours
- 420-905-LE Introduction to Networks II – 45 Hours
- 420-906-LE Switching Essentials – 45 Hours
- 420-907-LE Routing Essentials – 45 Hours
- 420-908-LE Scaling Networks – 90 Hours
- 420-909-LE Connecting Networks – 90 Hours
Note: If a student registered in this program withdraws, stops attending or does not succeed in a course which is a pre-requisite for a following course, the student’s status may change from full-time to part-time and consequently all fees will be recalculated. If the student’s status changes from full-time to part-time, he/she will be charged the difference.
Program Cost (Subject to change)
- $30.00 Application fee (non-refundable)
- $145.00 for registration fees (per semester, with 2 semesters total)
- $15.00 for a cable kit
- $100.00 – $200.00 for parking (if required)